One of the reasons I love this pound cake so much is because of its versatility. It is extremely satisfying alone, made with strawberries & cream, or any other combination you want to throw together. Feel free to use whatever pan suits you for this, I’ve seen pound cake come in a few different shapes and sizes.
Watch me make Pound Cake here…or continue below
Since I used cake flour, there is no need to put any baking soda or baking powder in this recipe, the cake flour provides mostly everything you’ll need. If you watch the video you’ll see me using half sticks of butter because that’s what I had on hand. As long as the butter equals 1 ½ cups, you’ll be fine.
How to bake this pound cake
When baking this particular cake, you’ll want to place a water bath in the oven so the cake can soak up some extra moisture. You can watch the video if you’d like further clarification but essentially, fill a pan with a couple inches of water and put it in the oven next to your cake.
Pound Cake can be versatile
If you really want to get crazy, you can turn this into Pound Cake French Toast!!! It’s actually something I’ve had the idea of for a while now. I enjoyed a decadent breakfast bread at a cafe recently and have been thinking about making my own recipe for quite some time.
Enjoy your Pound Cake!!
A delicious and fluffy pound cake with a golden crust.
3 cups cake flour, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 sticks butter (1 ½ cups), softened
¼ tsp salt
A little extra butter & flour to coat the pan
- Prepare cake pan by coating with butter and sugar.
- Set aside a different pan filled with a few inches of water (this creates moisture in the oven and prevents the cake from drying out while baking).
- In a separate bowl, sift cake flour and salt.
- Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese together using an electric mixer.
- Slowly add eggs, then vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour. Mix until ingredients are well incorporated, (about 30 seconds)
- Add cake batter to pan; gently shake to remove air pockets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about an hour and 15 minutes (time will vary slightly depending on the oven), crust should be golden brown. Check for completeness by using a toothpick; if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
More Dessert Recipes!!