A fully loaded version of the classic spinach quiche. This quiche is loaded with cheese, spinach, bacon, and chives!!! Feel free to make your own crust or use a store-bought crust.
Watch me make Cheesy Spinach and Bacon Quiche here or continue below
Dough for Cheesy Spinach & Bacon Quiche
First things first, let’s talk about the dough. I absolutely love using puff pastry for any type of quice I make. This is partly because I enjoy it so and partly because I love its tender, fluffy and flaky nature. The frozen puff pastry is my go-to because I can always keep it on hand for any other recipes I might choose to make. The particular brand I buy at the moment comes in two separate sheets this way you can easily save the other for later. For this recipe, I let one sheet thaw out and then gently peel unfold the dough before placing it in my pan.
How to layer Cheesy Spinach & Bacon Quiche
Anytime you make quiche you’ll want to follow a specific procedure to ensure all of the ingredients are layered properly so here’s the order I follow for this quiche:
First, start with the spinach so the heavier ingredients can lay on top so most of the spinach doesn’t float to the top to burn. Next, add on the bacon, chives, and cheese then finish by pouring on the seasoned egg mixture.
About the cheeses
You can use any combo you want but I absolutely love the trio of Fontina, Gouda, and Sharp Cheddar for this brunch favorite. With a recipe packed full of cheese and bacon, this one’s sure to please a crowd. Preheat your oven to 375 and you are ready to go!
Enjoy this Cheesy Spinach & Bacon Quiche!
More Brunch BitesPrint
A fully loaded version of the classic spinach quiche. This quiche is loaded with cheese, spinach, bacon, and chives!!! Feel free to make your own crust or use store bought crust.
1 9×9 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1 ½ cups shredded cheese ( I used a mixture of Fontina, Gouda, and Sharp Cheddar)
2 cups spinach (approx.)
½ cup bacon, cooked and chopped
¼ cup chives, chopped
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
- Cook and slice bacon. Chop chives and shred cheese.
- Whisk eggs until fully beaten, add heavy cream, salt, and pepper, incorporate by whisking.
- Prepare baking dish by lining dish with dough. Be sure to get rid of any air pockets between the dough and the baking dish by pressing gently to adhere dough to pan.
- Assemble quiche; top dough with spinach, then bacon, cheese, and chives.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow quiche to cool for at least 1 hour before serving.